Food & Beverage
Centerplate/NBSE is the premier catering partner for the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in the heart of our nation’s capital. From intimate private meetings to grand events with extensive guest lists, your event will benefit from professional talent, innovative approach, exceptional agility and unparalleled results.
The Uptown Food District
- Go Gourmet: Choose from breakfast options, gourmet subs, sandwiches and salads that make this a convenient spot a great stop any time of the day.
- Wings over DC: Experience an assortment of wings flavors including garlic parmesan, sweet & spicy BBQ and hot buffalo or a juicy burger
- Bone Doctors: Enjoy the fresh taste of BBQ inspired cuisine featuring pulled pork, barbeque chicken, and host of finger-licking good sides dishes
- Freschetta: Hearty Italian-inspired pasta and salads such as tortellini parmarosa or vegetable lasagna satisfy your most serious cravings
The Downtown Food District
- Taste of Jamaica: Bring the Caribbean to your finger tips with your choice of a BBQ jerk chicken sandwich, fish sandwich or curry chicken, plantain served with our choice of veggies or potato chips
- Lobster Rolls: Hearty Italian and Mediterranean-inspired subs and salads satisfy your most serious cravings.
- Asian Cuisine Featuring classic stir fried specialties and Asian inspired favorites.
- Philly Cheesesteak: Philly cheese steaks, snacks, and grab-and-go items, with a Mid-Atlantic flavor.
- Fish-N-Chips/PopcornShrimp: Deep fried shrimp or cod fish each served with the perfect sauce and accompanied with french fries
- Hot Dogs & Sliders: Enjoy grilled beef patties topped with American cheese or a foot long hot dog cooked to perfection, each served with potato chips
Trade Floor Cuisine
- Booth Catering: Centerplate, our service partner, offers exhibitors a wide selection of enticing food and beverage options. Custom menus available.
- The Food Show (portable): Customized food and beverage carts are available for use on the show floor featuring Centerplate themed foods.
- The Food Show (permanent): Each Exhibit Hall houses one permanent food and beverage outlet, pairing nationally and locally themed food concepts.
Centerplate NBSE provides the highest level of quality service to our clients and guests. In order to execute all events with the utmost professionalism, we have developed deposit and guarantee policies. As exclusive caterers, all food and beverage intended for consumption within this facility must be purchased through Centerplate NBSE.
Your event is most important to us. It is necessary, therefore, that the information for hosted events (dates, times, locations, estimated attendance, menu selection(s) and public food service needs (show hours, meeting schedules, registration times) be provided a minimum of six (6) weeks prior to the start of the event.
A signed Banquet Contract and deposit are needed in order for services to occur. All payments payable to Centerplate NBSE.
For First Time Clients
We are required to receive one hundred percent (100%) payment no later than two weeks prior to the scheduled event, with fifty (50%) deposit six (6) weeks in advance with signed contracts.
For Return Clients
Ninety percent (90%) of the payment is due no later than two weeks prior to the event, with the entire balance due within thirty (30) days of the invoice date. A fifty (50%) deposit is required six (6) weeks prior to the event. If the total payment is less than $1,000.00, total payment is due no later than two weeks prior to the event or if less than two weeks out, total payment is due at signing of contract (minimum of one week).
The deposit is non-refundable should function be canceled within the two-week period prior to the scheduled event. The above deposit policy may not be modified without the written consent of an executive officer of Centerplate NBSE.
All advance payments must be in the form of a company check drawn on a US Bank. In the event the amount is less than $1,000 the payment may be placed on any credit card accepted by Centerplate NBSE.
In order to insure that proper planning and execution of the event may occur, the client is required to guarantee the minimum number of attendees. The client is responsible for payment of the minimum guaranteed or the number served if higher than the guarantee on the night of the event.
The client assumes the responsibility to establish minimum guaranteed attendance. Any change in the guarantee number of guests is also the responsibility of the client. Guarantee changes must be communicated in writing and must meet with the time constraints specified below. In the event time constraints are not met, charges will be based on the original estimated attendance at the time of the contract signature.
- I. For 1 to 500 Person Events: the final guarantee shall be confirmed at least three (3) business days prior to the event.
II. For Events 501-1000 Persons: the final guarantee shall be confirmed at least five (5) business days prior to the event.
III. For Events of 1001 or More Persons: the final guarantee shall be confirmed at least ten (10) business days prior to the event.
Centerplate NBSE will allow for numbers greater than the guarantee by preparing for five percent (5%) over the guarantee up to thirty (30) additional guests maximum. Increases in attendance given after the final guarantee deadline will be subject to additional charges. A ten percent (10%) charge will apply to the per person price of the increased attendance if in excess of thirty (30) guests. Volume Services America/NBSE cannot be responsible or liable for serving these additional guests, but will make every effort to do so based upon availability of additional products, service staff and space.
While the client may elect to finalize their account by check, credit card or cash, Volume Services America/NBSE also requires that a major credit card be left on file in our office before your event begins so that any onsite replenishments or additional reorders may be processed. A $1,000.00 chargeable limit per day is established for anticipated additional charges. Please be advised services will not be provided without the signed credit card authorization on file prior to the event.
For more information on Centerplate/NBSE, visit www.centerplate.com